Writing Britain

To the British library for the last day of the exhibition - quite a lot of people there and at first could not find my booking - our printer needs ink again! Loved the recordings but frustrating to have to wait to see into cases and then find lighting casting shadows over what you are reading! Fantastic MSS - Wilde, Edward Thomas, Houseman, Hardy, Brontes, George Eliot, Wordsworth, Hughes, Heaney, Keats, Burns, Chesterton, Kureishi (Bromley) Conrad, Woolf, Pinter, Austen, Joyce, Graham Swift, Greene and Carroll. Conan Doyle on South Norwood! Wendy Cope "At sleep".Betjeman reading poems. To St Laurence Jewry for Catherine Ellis playing Bach superbly. John Newton panels at St Mary Woolnoth where he is buried. Got home ot find I had forgottne my keys and Bruce eventually let me in as Liz was in Croydon buying lovely jerseys for me! Watched Bake off and Paradise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil