Burrswood

 lA ovely quiet day at Burrswood Groombridge near Tunbridge Wells led by Brian one of the retired chaplains on the theme of lessons from the wilderness. He gave us meditations on Noah, Abraham, Moses, Elijah and Jesus. The gardens and chapel are lovely, an excellent bookshop and tea room where I had lasagne and strawberry meringue with ice cream. I found the little hut chapel but there are also very nice lounges in which to sit. I shared my Sinai experience. The agape sharing of a loaf and grape juice in little glasses took back 41 years to St Mark's Presbyterian Yeoville Johannesburg. There was no consecration. Brian's meditation about being in the desert at night and seeing the panoply of stars took me back to the romantic camel ride up Sinai!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil