Psalm

The psalm was as I expected pretty disastrous. Bill has had his op but not well enough to come. Shirley arrived at 9.20 and we went through it. When she went down to the lectern there were people abut and I do not think they helped at all. We went through it again at the organ which meant I only played one voluntary. The warning buzzer is working and is loud! Phillipa arrived at ths point so the situation was one singer who had rehearsed but is new to all this plus 2 who had not rehearsed together. Leon went through it on Tuesday. They stood in front of the lectern so all I could hear was Leon on the loop. The main problem was starting! By the third verse things were more confident. The alleluya Leon was of course busy so I played and sang loudly. In future it will be done upstairs or said. After service we rehearsed psalm for next week, Camino Kyries, Salazar Gloria and On Christmas night. I did play Griffiths on Maria zu leben and Lloyd Webber on Hemsley. I copied my contract and put up the notices about being quiet during the voluntaries. Nothing was said about the carol singing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil