Eleni

 Monday started with St Martin's and it was very clear today then Blackfriars. I looked it up. I definitely lunched with Helene at St Benet's hall and I think we visited the chapel at Blackfriars but possibly not as I do not think they have an organ. Worked on uploading videos. Eleni played Liszt and Reger at Cornhill. Excellent Women and liturgy session. I wasn't going to go to Beckenham circle but I am glad I did because Phil Brown said a lot of sensible things. Only connect and University challenge.

Tuesday Blackfriars, St Martin's and Walsingham then Helen Gimson rang. Bruce knew her son Will at Bath courses! Henry came and put out washing, played track, 4 games of Quack quack, ate 2 oranges. Liz tired again. Quiet time. Peter won Bake Off - I said he would! Excellent Craigmyle lecture by Sir James Macmillan. Most interesting Eucharistic take on Tristan Act 1. He rates that and the St Matthew Passion the most spiritual works. Poulenc Dialogues and Messiaen got high praise too. He pointed to the spirituality of Stravinsky, Schoenberg and so many others and even Stockhausen! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil