Holly

Swam 20. I went to get petrol and remembered in time that I do not currently have a credit card so paid cash! I did well to clear the holly from behind the silver birch and shed before the rain came! 7 bags of garden refuse. Lots of white deposits under the holly leaves and weeds galore. The fox will have to find another spot to hide! Did not go to art as Julie away. Watched video of chorus and baby Dennis! Watched Dan Cruickshank's programme on destruction of historic art by IS - indefensible but some guy called Choudery did so! Watched Great British bake off and gypsy wedding with Liz. I was supposed to go to the serpentine gallery with Anna and group but she cancelled. I has also thought of visiting RCM museum but ended up going to Kensington library for scores (2 assistants making trips to the store) and the talk on Messiaen. His music was described as surrealist  - maybe that's why I don't like it! The Foulds Mantras were interesting and I did a sketch semi-abstract. I left after 30 minutes of Turangalila - the woodblock was annoying me and I felt tired. Liz went to the pub for Lourdes reunion. John Scott's sudden death has upset us all. He was only 59.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil