Shostakovich

Swam 20. Prepared talks for Wednesday's spirituality day. Delivered remainder of gate reminder letters  there are rather a lot who have not replied. To CML and got all the scores I wanted. An interesting afternoon guiding at the cathedral. Who is the patron saint of London? I was asked. I said St Paul, also possibly Our Lady of Westminster. St Edward the Confessor is the Abbey and England I believe?
Had lunch in the cathedral cafe with Thornton Heath couple.Rose let me leave items in locker. Interesting talk on Shostakovich Leningrad symphony. Only the end really took off - Bychkov conducting. The Mozart 2 piano concerto was excellent and the Lebeque sisters played Philip Glass encore. Did not use torch despite Adrian's suggestion. Rosa and Ben Saul there. Came home to listen to Bach violin prom  - not that interesting! Watched part of Planets on TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil