Spirituality day


St Basil the Great who is commemorated today with his friend St Gregory of Nazianus.
To the Hinsley Room for 12 noon. Eileen led a meditation on Christmas 2007 and then a silent meditation. After lunch we looked at Luke 1 and thought about "My peace I leave with you". I spent some time at the crib, checked the interfaith leaflets were still on display and picked up "The Tablet" from our servers locker. It was a useful time of contemplation and we were asked to think about how we had come through crises. I see God working through people to help me achieve peace of mind. The sun will rise tomorrow, all will be well, we will get to heaven. Christmas 2007 was so much calmer than Christmas 2006. Elizabeth's intimate greeting to Mary should be expressed by us in the Peace at Mass. We are the Body of Christ and I am sure Jesus touched people and embraced them.
I thought too about the beautiful "Sure in the shining night" by Lauridsen we sang at Windsor. I remembered seeing baby Ann held up at the window of the nursing home on a cold night, the stars in Tasmania, the sky at night at Worth Abbey and being at Narrabeen after Mum and Dad died. The light shines in the darkness - the star shines from so far away, the candle illuminates the world.
I said to the man
who stood at the gate of the year,
"Give me a light that I may tread safely
into the unknown."
And he replied,
"Go out into the darkness
and put your hand into the hand of God
That shall be to you
better than the light
and safer than a known way!"
So I went forth
and finding the hand of God
trod gladly into the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil