Winter sunshine and full moon

The full moon was very low in the sky this morning and evening and looked wonderful in the night sky. It reminded me of a lovely evening in Istanbul overlooking the Bosphorus but I could not be romantic as Liz was not on that chorus trip! At times the hazy moon behind bare branches looked like a Caspar David Friedrich painting!
38 lengths of the pool yesterday and 40 today plus tai chi with Tony yesterday afternoon. He explained the 5 Chinese elements and the exercises for each one. I particularly liked the water one - low scoop to pick up the water. On BBC2 Peter Owen Jones a C of E vicar followed the footsteps of St Antony to live alone in the Egyptian desert for 3 weeks. In previous programmes he did kung fu in China and was an Indian holy man. There was another query about my doing health and safety course. What my intentions are! Who knows? After a day like today with electricians, computer cleaners, drilling, staff shortages I might retire now!I enjoyed reading The Tablet in the park at lunchtime.
To Sittingbourne for Catenian provincial council - what a waste of time and the carbon footprint must be enormous. 90 miles round trip and took leave to get there by 6.45 p.m. I actually arrived at 7. Nick had fixed the car - ignition coil so that's why it was sluggish. I got petrol in Sitingbourne as it was £101.09 the lowest I have seen since we broke the £1 limit. Liz took AnnMarie on the Eye at last!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil