Rachmaninov

Is there anything more annoying than a train leaving Selhurst 3 minutes before it is due to leave just as I got on the platform? Luckily there was another soon after. I have complained. I was not alone in my complaint.Celebrating Mary so sang Ave Maria by Lindley and I played Gounod, Griffiths and Dandrieu. I skipped pre-lunch drinks at the vicarage and went to 12.15 mass at St Mary's which was far too long. Fr Michael went on and on about last weekend, funerals, Mary, evangelisaton, etc. Most annoyingly he adds to the prayers and repeats what we have just prayed for. 2 Rachmaninov proms and an excellent talk with David Nice. The playing in the piano concerto No.3 was phenomenal and Symphony No. 2 was excellent. The Latvian radio choir were disappointing in the Vespers. Wayward altos, a light rather than a heavy sound, where were the deep basses and the dark vowels. Took car up and home by 11.30. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil