Jet lag

We are back from a fantastic time in the Canadian Rockies and the cruise to Alaska. So much to take in and 100s of photos! My initial thought is the immensity and grandeur we saw which makes one feel very small indeed whcih is no bad thing! "How great thou art" and "awesome" come to mind! I had thought we were flying in from Vancouver on Wednesday but in fact we reached home at 4 p.m. on Thursday. I was at work Friday and Saturday. Friday we had senior development meeting and the interfaith lunch at Battersea park and I took Terese the Asian community librarian to that. I went to Martin Williams' farewell at Battersea library and then on train to choir practice. By then I was pretty tired and at one point played a section in the wrong key! Saturday I cleared up my emails and correspondence and we were at the Cathedral for SS Peter and Paul. Today at Coulsdon we had first communions so the hymns were changed to child-friendly ones. We did sing "The eternal gifts" and "Ave verum" of Elgar and I played the Dubois Toccata as Oliver did last night. I decided not to go to Aylesford for Catenian Provincial President's mass and day as I was still feeling tired and jetlagged. Sleep is fitful. My PRP payment is C+ which is alright but really I should have got more as I had to cover for vacancies.

Comments

Peter Simpson said…
Pleased to have you blogging again. I met Liz this morning - who enjoyed my singing of the Gospel (which I entirely made up)! Looking forward to seeing some your holiday photos.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil