Elstree

Friday to St Matthew's with my dinner suit in leather case. Jeremy Marks on sexuality and I found it easier than expected to discuss how my position has changed e.g. on same-sex marriage. Prayer time was Godly play which I rather liked. Met Liz at East Croydon and we got trains to Elstree. Taxi to Quality Inn and the room comfortable. Changed and walked to Holiday Inn. 75 at London North West's 1000th meeting including the Grand President and Peter and Marcela Stevens. I had a lovely chat to Mary Shiell who works with the Bishop of Northampton who sounds really good. The dinner was very good - soup, salmon and cheesecake. I stuck to orange juice! 11 p.m. back to the hotel. Liz did not sleep well and was unwell with runny tummy. I had breakfast and we got a taxi back to the station. Liz decided to go to the Zoo and I'm glad she felt better as she was meeting Louise for her surprise trip up the Shard for lunch with Dennis! I went to St Katharine's at Limehouse for an excellent day on Bach with Andrew Carwood and David Moore. Simon Surtees is excellent company and lovely food. Fr Michael Q at Mass -  he and Canon Christopher were at the dinner last night as was Fr Martin Hayes. Home to watch Hockney.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil