Angela Tilby

Angela Tilby led day of prayer at St Margaret's on Seeking the face of God. Wonderful talks. Had lunch at Methodist Central Hall. Had the shrine to myself!!!! Evensong Noble in B minor and favourite anthem Wesley Ascribe unto the Lord. The boys were great not so sure about some of the men. The B team? Harwood sonata movement. Had a look in the new Waterstones near Victoria. It's huge. Bishop Paul confirmation. His Irish accent is so think I did not understand his homily at all. He filled the chalice so Aymeric and I had to drink it! Patrick seemed confused! Fr John helped out.
 To fit the gospel played Bach O lamm Gott unschuldig and Handel Behold the lamb of God. We sang Webbe Lamb of God. Full marks to Imogen who had been to see the exhibition. She found it too sad to bid! Reached Caterham station in time and tried to get on train. Turns out front 4 coaches only. Furious with 2 staff more concerned with waving the train out. They could have made it wait. Why long trains on a Sunday? It is not green. Now 30 minutes wait. It seems they are not running a service for the public! Drinks for volunteers at St John's. Long chat to Margaret about Safe passage and people knew about the exhibition. Graeme Watson has died.
An excellent President's lunch for Dulwich at the Chancery. I had crab, roast beef (too many potatoes!) and Eton Mess and a good turnout. At evensong we sang Sumsion ATB canticles and Harris Come down O love divine and Adrian played Sumsion Procession. Now settling down to Call the midwife and Christine Keeler.I have told all the clergy I know that if they do not go and see my paintings I will never speak to them again! I was much amused at the retort of an 80 year old to Will you go and see my paintings "Oh dear, do you want me to come and see your etchings!" The younger generation will not know this remark??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil