40th anniversary of the Abortion act

6 and a half million abortions in the last 40 years. The hymn by Fr Francis Gordon set to Gordon Slater's "St Botolph" is very fine.
Begotten of His Love Divine
Before Creation's dawn
Let God's own Son our hearts incline
To cherish the unborn.

For clothed like us in human clay
Of heav'nly glory shorn,
Th'eternal Word, incarnate, lay
In Mary's womb, unborn.

"Take heed", said He, "that you forswear
These little ones to scorn" -
Created by God's will to bear
His image, though unborn.

For every artist, saint and sage,
Whose works our world adorn
With virtues each succeeding age,
Like Him, were once unborn.

Eternal Son, Incarnate Word,
The Child of Christmas morn,
In mercy let our prayer be heard
For those as yet unborn!

Throughout this service I was thinking about the child that Liz miscarried. A boy or a girl? I know I was very upset that I could not get to the hospital that night as I had to play at a Christmas service and relieve the babysitter. I resolved I would never put music before family ever again! The lady in the next bed said Liz had cried so much for me to be with her. I felt so bad about it and still do. It was just one of those things that couldn't be foreseen and of course Bruce was born 2 years later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil