Millais and Jill Benet



To Tate Britain for 10.30 a.m. visit to the Millais exhibition. Audio guide good. Some very impressive painting over a long life. Some of his paintings of children are very sentimental. I'm not a lover of the Pre-Raphaelites but I must say I was impressed by some of the pictures. Met Pauline who comes to the library every day! Liked the last room of Scottish landscapes one of which was lent by Johannesburg Art gallery! "The sound of many waters" shown here with a detail gets its title from Newman's Gerontius. The daily selection of Newman's writings by A.N.Wilson which Liz gave me for my birthday is proving excellent reading with the daily missal each morning.
The spirituality day was led by Jill Benet from Centering prayer and focused on motivation and following Christ and resting in the Lord. I took a walk to Church House bookshop and bought the Psalms calendar for Ann and Paul. Also a Taize calendar and the booklet for the Week of prayer for Christian unity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil