All Saints and All Souls

Sang "Holy is the true light" by Harris at morning service and Nicholson in C - choir sounded a little strained I thought - coughs about. I played Howells "Sine nomine" and Francis Jackson on "Sine nomine". Chose music for December and watched video of Holy Land in 1972 - I am sure there will be many changes. To 5 p.m. All Souls service. Vickie was playing a Taize CD beforehand and asked us to rehearse downstairs. I think this a mistake as we were not used to the keyboard organ sound and the pitch in "Thou knowest Lord" took a while to settle. Psalm 121 to Barry Rose's chant. Candles lit on the altar and quite a good congregation. I played Vierne Epitaphe, Thalben-Ball Elegy and Elgar Angel's farewell at the end. On way home Peter Maxwell Davies 8 songs for a mad king was on radio 3 - I still object to the mangling of "Comfort ye" just as I did 34 years ago when I heard it live. Watched Antiques roadshow, Come dancing, Stephen Fry in America and Little Britain USA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil