Finding happiness

The 15 day Holy Land pilgrimage was amazing and I will have much to write about it. We returned on the Friday and I went to choir practice as usual to find much consternation about the choir's fee for the wedding while I was away. Liz went to the servers dinner at Allen Hall. Saturday unpacked and I played for the wedding at 1 p.m. and Vickie was not best pleased that I arrived at 12.50 because the back tyre was down and had to be pumped up. The bride was 15 minutes late any way. To Vespers and Mass. Sunday all was sweetness and light again at Coulsdon. It seems the bride was not charged for the choir as we never had 6 people available to sing so the 4 who came were given £5 each from church funds! We sang Cleobury's arrangement of "Let all mortal flesh". To Adrian Adams' recital at St John's and long chat to Bev - we saw her in the Holy sepulchre church! Evensong - Howells Coll Reg and RVW O clap your hands. New guy called David played. Ironed all my long sleeved shirts and watched "Little Dorrit" "Beautiful people" and "Antiques roadshow". Monday to work after 38 lengths - only got 2 swims on the trip - why swimming pools are closed in September is beyond me! 149 emails all read and mostly deleted. Tuesday to health and safety course and to Vespers and Mass. The boys sang Stanford "Song of wisdom" and Lallouette.
To talk by Abbot Christopher of Worth and bought his new book "Finding happiness". When I took it for signing he recognised me and said it was good to see my friendly face! Chat to Paul Moynihan, John, Hannah, Ann, Mary Maxwell and Richard. Liz has gone to Ireland to surprise Dennis on his 30th birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil