Mahler 3

Another lie-in - interestingly my weight has not gone up. I little ache under left arm may be from the fall the other night. To art and good work on lilies and school badge.To Senate House library and 10 scores returned and my ticket no longer needed. Was £55 worth it? Probably not and in future I will rely on Westminster central music library. To preProm discussion about the season. It seemed more relaxed this year perhaps because Edward Blakeman is only standing in. Most of my twitter points were raised - coughing, applause between movements, poor light in the gallery, the stupid new seating system, even the threatened new air conditioning. 3 people asked about Haydn. My request for Dvorak Requiem and Stabat Mater was not put. There were some interesting points about the changes of singers and the poor turnout for the Cleveland and modern items on BBC4. The Mahler 3 was excellent - the Leipzig Gewandhaus forces and superb posthorn solo conducted by Alan Gilbert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil