Epiphany and Twelfth Night

Monday a.m. it snowed but I still walked down for a swim having first changed into my rubber soled shoes. I did 22 and left early because I knew there would be horrendous queues for tickets and I was right. I got the early train and arrived at the library to sort out the break-in Sunday a.m. Checked the cctv once we got it working and 3 youths drove 2 mopeds at the front door and smashed the bottom panel. In 4 minutes they got the plasma screen off the wall leaving the plug behind and scattered stuff over the floor. They moved the cctv monitor. Police came twice but found no fingerprints. There is now talk of a pull-down metal grille in front of the door. To Earlsfield for training on gameplan and raised issue of casual staff who can give one week's notice but it takes 3 months to replace one! Of course it's cheaper to employ them. Angela and I interviewed 4 good candidates in the evening and she kindly gave me a lift so I arrived early at Catenians. There was a visiting doctor from Battersea a Nigerian called Austin who was very pleasant company. We never got to sing the welcome song although Colin had brought a CD player. Jim Connolly very against it. Voted against a rise in capitation fee - 8 for 5 against. Eric gave me a lift home - he is now a joint member again and did not know about Kevin! Today Tuesday did reports on Sunday's incident. Came home to finish taking decorations down but crib is still up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil