Swimming

After 42 lengths last Friday not quite so many this week - 38 Monday, 38 Tuesday. Today I had to get out after 22 as I remembered I was due to open up at 8.30 a.m. for the computer cleaning folk. The policeman came back today and took statements and another copy of the cctv. One of the thieves got a lenient sentence for the other burglary. Monday I went to Peter Wright's for RSCM committee. He sent good wishes to Edward which I passed on and said the Southwark concert was likely to have another venue. Andrew Cantrill and Nigel Groome bot made useful suggestions. Adrian gave me a lift home. Tuesday Harry Mellor gave me a lift to Sittingbourne for provincial council in a room next to a noisy bar in a club. I said one could only take on Provincial VP if retired and more are coming to the 1000th meeting. Harry had a few near misses and chats away all the time - he is 80. Wednesday to British School of Osteopathy - I dropped in to Southwark cathedral and the vice-principal gave me coffee. It turns out Phillipa Martin who is doing the research on pain and faith attitudes went to St Mary's school and her brother to St John's college - had a great chat! To Initiatives for change with Liz for excellent Chinese New Year lunch, film about Christian responses to Buddhism and tea. Home to catch up on TV - Christianity a history, Libera on Songs of praise, Secret life of elephants, other faiths. Chorus tonight followed by meeting with the new council which was enlightening. Now we know why we did not get any Proms last year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil