Sons of the clergy

We both went to St Paul's cathedral for Sons and Friends of the clergy. The noise beforehand was bad so I tuned my aids off and sketched a lampstand! Peterborough and Wakefield cathedral choirs sang well and we heard Tavener, Bernard Rose, Kenneth Leighton and Elgar Give unto the Lord written in 1914 for the festival. Hymns were Disposer supreme, Christ is our cornerstone and For all the saints. Dean preached well and ended with Brewer Marche heroique. I went straight to Willesden Green and found the Muhammadi centre in Walm Lane. Sayed spoke well but Dr Shah-Kazemi did not use the time well and I dropped off. The ladies did not get their questions answered and many left when I did before the prayers! The person singing the earlier prayers had a fine voice. It was a pity they used so many Islamic terms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil