Rosary

To the cathedral for 10 a.m. and the confirmation candidates gathered in the chapel where St John Southworth lies. Fr Paolo led us across Hyde Park past Buckingham Palace. Once in the park we started saying the rosary which is not something I ever do. I found it strangely rhythmic walking and calming. People didn't seem to mind! It was hot and sunny. I left them near Speakers corner and handed my bags to Mark. Park Lane was closed so had to walk to Marble Arch and then via Oxford Circus and back to Kent House where the car was parked. I arrived at church in good time and started playing at 12.50. The bride arrived 35 minutes late - this is the worst I ever experienced. By then I had played lots of Handel and Stanley! Quite a nice hymn to I vow to thee my country and One more step. Paul was on good form but afterwards he seemed a bit deflated by it all. I then could not get the car out because they took photos in the front of  the church and the photographer was a pain! I was sketching the bride and the kids were interested! Back to Victoria and to Bloomsbury Baptist where I got tea in the foyer but did not go in. Martin Stacey was playing his own piece which did not appeal at all. Early at the cathedral and Fr Michael Q. Saw Paolo who said they had played football after Mass at Tyburn and the kids did not want to leave! Watched brass final of Young musician but tired out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil