Friday and Saturday.

 I saw a small mouse in the lounge near the TV. The Southwark liturgy commission Lent retreat with Archbishop John Wilson and Chris Chapman brilliant!A most interesting RSCM lecture from Geoffrey Webber on women composers and the church. I was curious about women singing in Catholic choirs and it seems that was officially only allowed in 1958.  I would argue that Bernadette Farrell and Margaret Rizza are much better known than Weir, Maconchy, etc. The Great Art delivery of paper has come. The fault lies with Menzies the distributor. It was ordered 29/1, packed 2/2 delivered 19/2. Meanwhile Jacksons delivery is due Monday having paid £10 to have it delivered today. It came Saturday in time for the session at 7 but of course we are behind. Liz didn't seem very engaged. Westminster J and p only 5 then part of zoom about Croydon libraries. Lovely walk in Kensington Gardens SMITF. Usual Blackfriars. I did pick up sticks in the garden - it was sunny. Richard Pinel played well at Gonville and Caius. Good progress on St Paul's and Bruce rang. Peregrine rang. Come dine with me. I enjoyed The Dig. Excellent talk by William McVicker on the organ reform movement. I wonder why Heiller and David and Hindemith are now neglected. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil