Liz's 60th birthday



Today my darling wife is 60 and gets her freedom pass! I checked at the pool and we also get free swimming and a possible refund as our membership runs until January. I hid the flowers next door so they were ready when she woke up before I left for work. I have not been swimming now for 2 weeks but hope to return there tomorrow. She had some lovely cards and I gave her Isabel's little book. Isabel wrote in it "Liz Your husband is fabulous!" On the next page I wrote "But you are better!" Took Grandma to King's College hospital to see the Macular disease expert who was very nice and reassuring. We are out for dinner tonight.
Wednesday was a busy day. Choosing hymns with Vickie and a salad lunch as I played for the funeral of a 96 year old at 2. To Hinsley Room for Sharing in his life group - 3 came and a lively discussion. Group decided they want to go on another week into December as we missed last week's session because of my accident. I went to All Saints Upper Norwood to play the Allen digital organ which was Carlo Curley's and cost £40,000. I was unimpressed but liked Father Leonard. The church has been redecorated and the roof and heating fixed. It certainly failed the Herbert Howells Saraband for Easter test - this is the piece I used to judge all the digital organs I played before choosing the Eminent for Addiscombe. There was a strange echo effect and the console is big and right near the speakers - quite crazy!

Comments

Liz is just a young lassie @ 60! As they say here in Scotland 'that's nae old'.
Happy birthday anyway.

We were against the purchase of a digi-organ but one was purchased anyway.
It is now played by our music teacher ( she plays the organ well, but is a pianist really) so the organ is under-used. The old pipe organ was ok and had a better tone, I believe. Graeme.
Peter Simpson said…
Happy Birthday to Liz - and many happy returns of the day!
Padre Rob+ said…
O, John, I do hope your Liz had a fabulous birthday. God grant you both many more years.

Peace Rob+
4 parties! Thanks for your greetings!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil