Not my day!



When I got to the pool at 7 a.m. I realised I had forgotten to bring some briefs so Liz kindly brought some down for me when she came for her swim. It was a lovely day and once I'd eaten lunch I set off for the park. I was just thinking I'll stop and photograph the trees against the blue sky when I tripped and fell forwards. I stopped my fall with my hands but my nose hit the pavement with lots of bleeding. I also chipped one of my front teeth. Some workmen called an ambulance and I rang the library and home. The ambulance stopped on the way to the Chelsea hospital to pick up a man who had been knocked off his moped. Liz met me there and we waited an hour to see 2 doctors who examined my nose and said it wasn't broken. We got to the dentist by 5 p.m. and Judy removed the broken tooth and said the rest of it could be saved. I'm likely to be in some pain over the next few days so I'm taking it easy and not going to spirituality day, group meeting and servers' dinner tomorrow. Thursday I have my health check and chorus reception. Judy advised not singing in the Foulds Requiem on Sunday but I'd like to hear it. I went to Catenians last night and gave my provincial councillor's report. Amused to see that my Catena article about the Foulds was attributed to John Woodhouse of Manchester circle!

Comments

Peter Simpson said…
Sorry to read about your accident - I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil