Eye clinic

Tuesday had my final dental treatment and Judy suggested I go to the Mayday eye clinic as a floater had appeared in my left eye on Sunday. It was thoroughly checked by Dr Hun and nothing was found so now I must get used to the floater whizzing around my eye! The Sharing in his life group had a good discussion and I served at Mass. James has joined the team and really looks the part! I also saw Sarah and got the fliers for "Understanding Islam" copied. Liz is to do sacristy duty on 3 days. She is busy redecorating at Grandma's while she is in King's with a urinary infection and bleeding again. She is getting much better care there than at Mayday.At Chorus Robert rehearsed for Classic carols including his own rather good arrangement of "Silent night" which is one carol I loathe! Thursday to King's to see Grandma and chorus where we rehearsed Elgar Te Deum and Vivaldi Gloria. The rehearsal was taken at short notice by a young man with beard and heavy rimmed glasses like something out of the 70s - very cathedral organ scholar and it was said from Waltham Abbey! I am enjoying James Naughtie's book on music. Tuesday evening to St John's for Beverley's session on the Jesus prayer and we listened to the radio 4 interview with Desmond Tutu and discussed inclusivity, marriage and homosexuality. Monday I had intended to go to Catenians at Beckenham but Liz took Grandma into hospital again and I watched the first BBC programme on the Monarchy which was fascinating.

Comments

Edbowie said…
I think that the 'Silent Night Haters Club' would lose a few members if they heard Andrew Carter's arrangement. The basses sing 'Stille Nacht' repeatedly while the trebles sing the tune. Magic. New College have recorded this.
The only reason I dislike it is that some people sing it so badly!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil