Post accident

On Wednesday I took it easy and finished reading Michael Palin's excellent "New Europe". I also went to the dentist again and Judy did the root flling. I didn't go the cathedral spirituality day or my Sharing in his life group or the servers Guild dinner but Liz did. She also went to the presentation of Guild of Church Musicians awards by the Cardinal in the Lady chapel and she served at that. Alas I missed meeting Desmond Tutu!!! Grrrrr! Always wanted to meet him! Alison Stimpson got her ACertCM. Actually had I been there I would nto have gone to tea as I would have had my group meeting any way. Such is life!
Thursday to my health check and all is well. Same South African lady doctor I saw last year and she said I was OK. Then to the church to find Last Post and Reveille copy for Remembrance Sunday which turned out to be under Blair, Hugh! Practised that and the other pieces. Then to Stationers Hall for the Chorus 50th anniversary reception as by then I was feeling better and thought I would get to work today Friday. But in fact I got dressed and decided to rest as I felt a headache coming on. Spoke to Ann on Skype. Liz has gone to see a school and get wallflowers. It's a nice day again.
My face was a talking point last night. Lovely to see so many people from the past some of whom we only hear from at Christmas. All the past chorus chairmen were there plus chorus masters including David Hill. Good photographic display but where is the history of the chorus? Joyce Reah and others hsould have been interviewed before they passed on to glory. Had a great time but probably tired myself out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil