Immaculate conception

Swam 24 and Liz came as well. To tip to dump chest of drawers and carpet. To Heythrop for college Mass. Arrived 12.30 and saw Joan. Joey seemed pleased to have a tenor and asked me about Alleluia verse. People drifted in to rehearsal. Graham Poulsom was celebrant - he has played guitar at Mass. St John Bosco started his work 160 years ago as a result of a young man asking to serve. We sang "Hail Queen of heaven" - dodgy theology at Heythrop of all places! Also Mary immaculate to Liebster Emmanuel and Sing we of the blessed mother to Abbots Leigh. Saw Sr Simon about Hilda's funeral. At coffee chatted to Philip who sings tenor in the schola and is in my class - thinks Damian pompous and too ready to put people down! Read a book by Habermas and Ratzinger in library. To M & S for tea. No sign of Jordan re my trouser alterations. Acolyte at 5.30 Mass Bishop Hopes. Superb Ave Maria by Mawby. Home to watch Rev and Antiques roadshow and The manor reborn. I was asked if I was a Jesuit! My pride somewhat dented to be told that I was not needed to sing at next week's Advent vespers. Friday swam 30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil