Bishop Nicholas

Liz not well but she did come to the cathedral and we were early. Waited in the tunnel and took stools to sit on! I was boat and communion torch. It all went reasonably smoothly. I met one of Jon dal Din's colleagues in the cathedral and she told me the new bishop was meeting interfaith folk on Friday. Yet again I have not been invited! The ceremony lasted 2 hours and we had Palestrina, Tallis and Byrd. Went in the hall for eats and wine and saw Fr Tom, Fr Michael O'Dea, Fr John Hemer, Christina Gangemi and others so had a nice chat. Met Bishop John Arnold's sister. Briefly met the new bishop resplendent in new outfit. Liz went home to sleep and I went to Tate Britain for the excellent Kenneth Clark exhibition including clips from Civilisation and ATV films. Earl Grey in the members room and enjoying McCall Smith. To Farm St hall for Faith matters question time. The Catholic Voice woman is a poet and seemed to disparage women especially the women priests idea! My question was not read in full but I did approach Lord Grossman and Sarah Teather MP about coming to my group and both were interested. Had a long chat to Sr Carolyn from Heythrop. In Standard there is a piece about an independent South Norwood idea which is daft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil