Sunday continued

To the cathedral on the train for Vespers. I was cross and boat. Superb anthem by Purcell "Jehova cum multi sunt". Excellent recital by Tim Harper and saw his Mum and Dad. I followed the Bairstow Sonata using Dad's score - how hard he must have worked to learn such a difficult piece! The Sonata by Peter Tranchell was somewhat heavier listening. Cantor at 5.30 p.m. mass. Deacon Ed gave a good homily about the Samaritan woman. Panic beforehand as there was a hole in my trouser pocket and my keys had fallen out but I found them in time for a quick runthrough with Oliver. All went well. Met Joan O'Grady and Henrietta at the back afterwards and they were very impressed but I said I tried to make the psalm a prayer and not a performance. Had a hot chocolate with Joan and discussed supporting the Cardinal's HFE Bill campaign. Train I got said Selhurst on destination boards but not on the train so got off at Clapham Junction and waited for later train. Watched a bit of Lark rise and Monty Don on gardens but Liz was getting restive about packing so finally got that done ready for an early start in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil