Beethoven 9 and Bunty Phillips RIP

Tuesday to swimming (40 lengths) and then an hour at work before getting trains to Cheam to play for the funeral of Bunty Phillips. She was 89 and married to Derek for 65 years. He looks frail and requested "Jesu joy" so I found a copy. On arrival the secretary got me a coffee. No word from the priest and I could have played them in - incense throughout with 2 servers with gold on their cottas! 4 hymns. Choir of 9 and conductor asked me to go slower. "Love divine", Crimond, Abide with me and To be a pilgrim. I played Bach, Handel and Brahms. 2 manual Norwich electronic. In paradisum sung by a man as coffin went out - pretty good for his age. Nice eats and a good turnout from the circle including Tina Bagatti and Cis Howard. My playing was much appreciated. Got a new watchstrap at the Cheam jewellers and I was back at work by 2.15 p.m. To Barbican London school for girls for Beethoven 9 rehearsal with Mark and Pletnev who was so dull! Sat next to Nick who sings in the cathedral choir - Philharmonia Voices too loud in some parts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil