Candlemas and a year of blogging

Thursday to Dvorak rehearsal having been at Mass at the cathedral where we had lovely Victoria and Palestrina. Friday choir practice as usual. Saturday being the Feast of the Presentation and my 3rd Saturday off in a row (I swopped so Calix could go to Bulgaria) to 10.30 a.m. procession and Mass with the layclerks. We were acolytes. Byrd Senex puerum and plainchant. Liz stayed for confirmation class but I came home for a rest and tidy up. Back for 2nd vespers sung by Thomas and 1st mass of Sunday sung by the boys as it was the 3rd "chorister for a day". 40 little boys in cassocks. Mendelssohn I waited for the Lord and Elgar Ave verum.
Sunday to Coulsdon where we sang Nicholson in C and "Virgin-born we bow before thee" - wonderful tune and words. Procession "As candles are lighted" and Nunc Dimittis to Tonus peregrinus. I used keyboard and piano so I could sing tenor. Matthew Greenfield played in public for the 3rd time and coped well. I did not stay for USPG lunch as I had not booked. Put Christmas music and crib away and cleared up. Watched Antiques Roadshows, Lark rise to Candleford, Songs of Praise. Evensong from Chester.
Monday to Catenians. Tuesday pancakes - Liz was at White City for Mass - she went to Michael's presentation at Brook Green on Friday.
Have been blogging for a year and still enjoy it!

Comments

Yes, I also watched Antiques Roadshow and listened on the wireless to Choral Evensong from Chester Cathedral, which was my Diocesan home when we lived in the Wirral. A lot of RC nuns from the nearby convent are to be always seen there in prayer, for it used to be an RC cathedral of course, prior to the Reformation. Always had a good Choir there in years gone by - at the end of the War!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil