Ignace

Wednesday woke at 6 and got train at 7 to be Acton at 8.10. Took Seán to John Perryn but yet again no music so went to playgroup at Acton parish church and then picked up Liz and Ciarán at school. Played with Ciarán and he sang lots of songs. To Hinsley room for interfaith group and 6 came. Raheed was on great form and it was a lively discussion touching on intergenerational matters in relation to Islam and faiths. I decided not to go to Abrar centre and Liz was babysitting. Watched Pilgrimage - excellent programme on Istanbul and the Holy Land. Thursday set off at 10 a.m. and got to Sevenoaks in good time. Parked miles from the church and Ignace's funeral was at noon. John Rayer spoke. The priest's lugubrious style would drive me mad. The organist played nothing as the coffin came in! I suspect he did not use the pedals at all. It was good the grandchildren did prayers and sang. The worst thing was I watch the sunrise during the censing of the coffin which we could not see. The deacons were kept busy and were pretty inept. Nice to see Gerald Soane. By the time I trekked back to the car I decided I was not going to the Golf club South of Tunbridge Wells. Surprised to have somebody filling up the car! Put more decorations up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil