Advent 1

Choir turned up at 9.45 to rehearse carols. My organ practice was cut short as I woke at 8.20 a.m. Philippa a midwife from Ghana joined the choir and has a connection with the nuns in Whitby. I was amused to tell her to "Breathe" just like she would tell the Mums. I taught the congregation Walker's Stay awake and they joined in and some clapped. There were 34 there for the Family Eucharist the best for a long time. It was a pity we had to have carols so early. Dennis and AnnMarie and Louise and the boys came for lunch and playing. We went early to St John's with Louise and D and A babysat. Keziah Thomas harpist for the Britten, also Bach, Guerrero and Poston. A lovely service. Watched Morecambe and Wise and listened to Martin Baker playing live from the cathedral although I don't like Messiaen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil