Saving Mr Banks

It is weeks since I went swimming. As I have had a chesty cough and cold it is not a good idea and I have been waking in the early morning. I do seem to have lost some weight since Christmas 10:2 at the moment. Monday 30th took Bruce and EJ to IKEA and Boots in pouring rain and they went to the National Portrait Gallery. Liz and I went to Clapham Picturehouse to see Saving Mr Banks which was excellent. Fascinating the clash over what should be done to Mary Poppins - do children want a softer version? Excellent songs and the flashbacks to Australia were very well done. Home to see Sacred Wonders of Britain. 31st grouted the mosaics I made yesterday - Bruce kindly cut the MDF for me. I have now made 3 of the Walsingham ones and 2 Keep calm and pray. Bruce and EJ went over to Louise and Tom's as they had a baby sitter. We went to the Clapham Picturehouse for 4.30 to see the Berlin Philharmonic New Year concert live conducted by Sir Simon Rattle OM with Lang Lang playing Prokofiev 3. Hindemith, Dvorak, Khachaturian and Brahms brilliantly played. To Strada Clapham for an excellent 3 course meal with prosecco and coffee. Decided to come home rather than serve the 11.30 p.m. Mass - lots of people about. Delighted that the Mizens got the MBE and Maxwell Davies CH, also Sir Antony Gormley. Sent a card to Philip Chandler who had a stroke and is in Redhill hospital. Liz tried to see Josie but parking problems at the home. Met Simon Lloyd, Steve. Ally and John who used to work with me. Interesting TV tribute to Tavener.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil