Fr Paul

It seems some people have moaned about him to the patrons who come nowhere near the church so the Bishop has decided to move him without any consultation! It's a disgrace. I will be looking at my own position. His last Sunday is Easter Day.
I saw Sean the former church warden who used to go Our Lady’s Addiscombe outside today. He says he goes to St James - he looks very pale and his foot is still in plaster. I think he had been to get the service sheet to see if Paul had announced it there (he hadn’t). I reckon he has worked with the awful treasurer John Williams to complain to the patrons. Paul announced it at the end of the service and he told me the Bishop had not been in touch with him at all. He will be at Foots Cray. I know his wife works and I’ve no idea what the housing is like. He has worked really hard and what worries me is only 18 at a family service today and no children. It is not viable except that they have all of Alan’s money. The other problem is the outrageous rude behaviour of the treasurer. He send emails to everyone – why doesn’t he just leave if he doesn’t like the church? Of course he is now going to be happy.

On the plus side a nice organ and close to home and some people are very supportive! I played the Bach prelude  for Candlemas, Andrew Moore on Lumen, Gade on How brightly shines and Dad's improvisation on Be still. Dubois Toccata. Had a very interesting chat to Razia a Muslim artist who likes the church and the music. Home for lunch and the 3D model of a dragon coming along well. To Vue Croydon to see Andrea Chenier from Royal Opera House. Jonas Kaufmann was fabulous and a good production. To Westminster Abbey with Liz for the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. 2 survivors and Rabbi Neuberger spoke very well and the singing was splendid. I found the organ in the 2 hymns very loud. We had some Thalben-Ball, Howells and Mendelssohn on the organ. It was moving. Saw William Rhind and Michael Redman.
Call the midwife tackled tricky subjects well - the gay husband who was treated so badly and the poor. Will Young on Magritte was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil