A lovely day

A glorious sunny day so I sat in Battersea Park at lunchtime and read "Oremus" and "Choir and organ". Just a slight chill in the shade to say that summer is ending and autumn is coming. My "Tablet" subscription has expired so I have missed the last 3 issues. However I won a bottle of wine on the crossword and Dennis has marked it that it can only be opened when both sons are present. I wonder when that will be? In fact I am feeling a bit "after the Lord Mayor's show"! When's the next holiday - October half-term? Christmas is looming already! Louise and Tom will be in Ireland for that this year. We will sing at Windsor again. There are quite a lot of Chorus concerts coming up some of which are not very exciting! The Foulds World Requiem promises to be memorable. There are trips to Belgrade and Istanbul next year and lots of lovely Dvorak. Dennis has sorted out some books to get rid of (at last!) and has returned to Sligo. Went to York library to do interviews with Angela and some very good candidates. There is such a lot of work to do at the library and we are short of 2 full-timers. Paul came and did rhymetime with the little ones really well using his guitar. If he can't come, Calix and I will seem very tame! Liz went to Guild of St Gregory council meeting. I watered the garden and brought the washing in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil