St Chad's South Norwood and The Tablet

The centenary history of St Chad's is interesting. There are 2 good photos of Fr Peter Farmer RIP. There are some mistakes which is a shame and repeated pages but the photos are good and the print clear.My Tablet subscription has expired but I have obtained the missing copies from St John's and purchased the current edition at the cathedral, I have been missing the magazine! Excellent broadcast of evensong from Hereford featuring Stainer's "I saw the Lord".

Comments

Unknown said…
St Chad is interesting. I know him through Aidan of Iona and he has mention in the Celtic Church here in Scotland. He seems to have been caught short between Wilfred's RCs and the previous Celtic Church domination, following the ynod of Whitby. Hilda ran an ecumenical and mixed sex Community House. It is still there - we refer to it as 'Hilda's Place' as one of our Curates became a Religious there and now serves in Zambia ( The Revd Sr Karan Brewin, OHP )The Order used to run Scottish Churches' House at Dunblane. Graeme
Unknown said…
After-thought: I now have a blogsite but I am still learning and having difficulty finding it online if I Google it!
Graeme
Add your blog to favourites - easy to find! I had not heard of Hilda's place - have been to Whitby and stayed at the modern St Hilda's abbey.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil