Funnies

Thursday to Battersea for stock day. Geoff started by saying he was there to listen and then he talked and kept on talking! To WHSmith Croydon to choose book with token from Derek Phillips. Jon Cannon's "Cathedral" about English cathedrals perfect - have visited every one of them and sung in some and played the organ too. Liz has a mug from each one!
Friday to choir practice. Practised Compline and one of the sopranos said I wasn't playing the tune as she had heard it on her recording. I pointed out I was playing the tune as in the plainchant but trying to find the right pitch and key. So she said "there are only 4 lines" to which I replied "I know that". I should do after 50 years of being a church musician!
Also rehearsed the Stainer - unfortunately it tends to stick in the brain! Saturday did a lot of catching up and to Mass where we had the wonderful gospel of the raising of Lazarus which always reminds me of SSG summer school when the altar was unbound as we talked about the scrutiny. Watched a programme on Enoch Powell and Benazir Bhutto on Islam - so sad that she was assassinated.
Guild of Musicians and singers has the following from a new book
Anthem Part of the service where the choir reminds the congregation that they haven;t been disbanded yet.
Great organ What teh congregation should say more often.
Photographer Person who conducts a wedding in the Church of England.
I joined "Real men sing tenor" on face book - saw it on Simon Beston's profile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil