Palm Sunday continued

Liz was due to be cantor at 5.30 mass but had train problems and when she tried to drive up she got stuck in traffic. I listened to evensong from Windsor which included My song is love unknown and Bach's Passacaglia played by Roger Judd. I also did the April music list. Earlier I was watching "The hidden face of Jesus" which claimed links with other religions. To St John's Upper Norwood for service of meditation on the Passion. John Linley was there with Bob Atkinson. We sang Blow Salvator mundi, Greene Lord let me know mine end, Crux Fidelis by King John of Portugal and 3 negro spirituals including 2 arranged by Tippett. Cathy sang sharp as usual. It was hard to hear Beverley at times. The service began with Vexilla regis. Kit plays the hymns far too loudly. 11 in the congregation. Adrian's Mum is sinking fast - Joy said it would not be long now. Watched part 1 of The Passion on TV - bit hard to follow at times but I was a bit tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil