Gas leak, having sons

Friday came home to find Canham Road closed so went down our one way street the wrong way to get home. David at No. 19 South African teacher married to Helen from Oz and have little Katy told me gas leak in Whitehorse Lane, no doubt where the roadworks for water mains are. Watched 30 minutes highlights of Olympics opening - fab fireworks but where were the 100s of tai chi experts - just saw one lady! Still it was amazing. But then we got 30 minutes about the British team - why not more of the opening ceremony! Liz rang to say police would not allow her home so going to Grandma's with Dennis's stuff from Bow for the garage. Police told her we had been evacuated to Sainsbury's. I checked with David and blew out my candle in the window just in case. Eventually Liz came down the road the wrong way having persuaded the police she lives here! David came in to see our loft conversion and Bruce's handiwork and he was most impressed - he teaches DT I think. In the night finished "Where angels fear to tread" which is so funny!
p. 100 "(Gino) stood with one foot resting on the little body, suddenly musing, filled with the desire that his son should be like him, and should have sons like him, to people the earth. It is the strongest desire that can come to a man -if it comes to him at all - stronger even than love or the desire for personal immortality." But I can't find the quote about the relation between children and parents - how parents love more than children who give thanks to their parents! How proud I am of my sons and my daughter! The wedding days confirmed this! I bought my new daughter-in-law a little present today - could not resist it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil