Getting it right

My back playing up so along with the occasional twinges in sides and left shoulder I am stooping a bit which is not good. To see Grandma and empty the stuff from Dennis into the garage. I got my head bitten off! I was delighted to find Dad's book in a box in the garage and my diary from my journey in 1972. Fascinating ! I am clearly a natural blogger! Dennis will be pleased to read the book eventually and I need to refer to it too. Have been looking for it for a very long time! To Coulsdon in rain for wedding. A simple affair with men in open neck pale blue short sleeved shirts (to show off their tattoos?) The couple 23 and 22 have 2 daughters 5 and 3. All went well except that the people did not sing at all - one would have thought they would know "Shine Jesus shine" "Give me joy" and "Bind us together". At least they were quiet during the signing and Vicky asked me just to play a short section of the Mendelssohn as they took photos in church. Drove to the cathedral avoiding the football crowds and cantor at Vespers and Mass. Charles Cole played. He plays at Our Lady of Victories Kensington where we were married 34 years ago. No sign of Luiz Coelho - turns out he went to MacDonalds as an usher forced him to leave. Why he did not realise I was the cantor and server with Liz I don't know. Inez Machado who is from Brazil appeared and we waited outside till the building closed as she did not know there were Brazilian Anglicans. It's a shame as Luiz could have told me all about the Lambeth conference where he was a steward and I had CDs for him and Rob from Coulsdon. He also got lost going back to the Abbey. Watched HDD of proms Beethoven's 5 with BBCSO and David Robertson, recording of Dame Ethel Smyth's Concerto for violin and horn, Elliot Carter's fiendish oboe concerto, Halle under Mark Elder.
Sunday didn't sleep well so sorted through magazines and chucked a lot. At Coulsdon played "How beautiful are the feet" (second reading) and "Still small voice and Holy holy " form Elijah (first reading). Invocation to a saint and Toccata from Suite gothique of Boellmann - always makes me think of the sea (gospel, Jesus walking on the water). I think the organ choices today were just right. 3 of the choir in the congregation so singing was good especially in "Dear Lord and father". No children in church despite having to endure "Colours of day"! After coffee and chat to Dudley about visiting Puccini's home. They went to see Tosca and Turandot next to the lake there but not as good as Verona! Chinese singers good but short and fat and do not act and Calif looked like a frog in a long green robe. Kermit Puccini! Hilarious! Practised including some of Dad's music. His presence is very strong at the moment approaching the second anniversary.

Comments

Yes, there is a Brazilian Anglican Church, although many are Evangelicals. One priest is well-known in the UK as a campaigner for 'Gay Rights' I assume then he isn't a Low Churchman though.
Graeme.
Luiz is a High church seminarian and gay. Rob Laws has gone to Brazil to see his "sweety"!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil