The Globe

Tuesday overslept so only 10 lengths - back seems fine! I did tai chi on Monday so that helped I think. Left shoulder still twinging. Listened to Vaughan Williams piano concerto from proms on way home - an interesting piece with a lovely quiet ending.There was a football match and the road up so traffic and bus chaos. Loved Maestro - 6 trying to conduct - Peter Snow was hopeless! Jane Asher looks like a winner! Wednesday up early and did tax letter. Express bus 90p on oyster to Waterloo and reached British school of osteopathy early. Full interview again with 2 nice students as I had not been since March 2007. Brand new HQ but rooms still rather cool! Tutor says pain in side cleared up well in 2 weeks so not to worry and back pain clearing by Monday is also good - shows how healthy I am. I go back in a week.
Rang Vickie and bless her she said leave our meeting to next Wednesday. So that meant I was able to attend diocesan meditation day (or part of it) Midday prayer, Eucharist and 2nd talk by Canon Michael Hart on music, poetry and art. Bought angels calendar on sale. Then straight to the Globe for 2 p.m. matinee of King Lear with Bruce. Outstanding David Calder as Lear and the Fool was brilliant. Everything was great. The build up to the appalling scene of Gloucester's eyes being removed on stage was so chilling - it is too awful especially when Goneril joins in. The end is so moving. Despite the pagan elements this is a Christian play. Lear almost God-like at times and parallels with Christ in the fool and Edgar. Kent speaks of "I have a journey soon to go, my master calls me". Are we flies to the gods? I don't think so. It rained heavily on the groundlings.
To Pizza express and Bruce paid - very nice Chardonnay and pizzas and ice cream!
Home to watch "Land of the jaguar" and Patsy Kensit tracing her ancestors in Beckenham!

Comments

Sorry to learn of your pain. Sounds grim. Hope you get relief soon. Difficult to exercise yet not too much at a time.
Yes, watched Maestro and have to confess, for years I have conducted at The Proms (with a No 6 knitting needle). It is quite tiring, especially with the exiting of the platform and then returning to shake the hand of the Leader ( Val). I think I'd have won it as I can conduct better than that lot! Talk about 'blowing your own trumpet'! Am to enter hosp 02/09/08 for right knee replacement. Regards, Graeme.
Yes I'm a keen conductor too! Hope the op goes well!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil