More on McEwan

To be as daring as you John, I strongly believe that Sex is way too promiscuous in this day and age and I have been very open with the children (the older boys), with their questions because I think that it is important for us to be open with each other about such subjects, and unless I educate them in an honest way, there are many of their peers to teach them their own version of truths and facts!!!!
I am a strong believer that sex should be enjoyed only by married couples and I try to install that in my children as I think that this is the safest option for them, and the way in which we are supposed to behave. To have morals and respect for ourselves.
On a very personal level I have only been with one person, my children's' father and I started seeing him at age 16. the relationship lasted 19 years, until I decided that we should no longer put off the marriage we had been planning for the past 12 years, only to find that when push came to shove, he was not man enough to commit, so after 19 years and a heavy heart, I decided that I was not prepared to continue with a person who could not dignify me with a proper commitment especially after so many years and 4 children later!!
I am nursing a broken heart, and I am celibate, and plan to remain so.
I strongly believe in setting a good example for my children and to do that I think it important to practice what you preach. I took a gamble and got burnt by putting the cart before the horse. If I could spare my children this pain by teaching them to do things the 'right way', then it is worth it.
PS once upon a yesteryear i read ALL of Lady Chatterley's Lover. It is not something that i could read now, being of a different mindset, but back then it was very naughty. Shows the kind of person I was back then. I like to think I have grown a lot since then..??!!! Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil