Proms

 Saturday we dashed from Mass (Fr Michael Durand) and arrived at 7.25 to find only one place in the gallery left so Liz went in and I went home. I think the steward could have stretched a point! It was Beethoven 3 and 4 and more Boulez. I watched King Henry V on TV which was excellent. Sunday we had had a letter from Fr Barry Angus about his 40th anniversary mass so I went over to St Catherine of Siena Chessington for it and Eric played. Nasty little Johannus organ. Kate got me to sit with the choir and at the top table. Long chat to Janet and her husband and she suggested a visit to the Saxon parish church where they had had a baptism so had a quick look. Then drove up A3 to Battersea Park and to talk on The Trojans. A super Prom with fantastic singing and playing. Liz came later having been to Colin's birthday at the pub the family having returned from Portugal. Ciarán asked after a while where I was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil