Lock down

The last time I was at Caterham was Vi's funeral 11/3. Last time at the cathedral 29/2. Could be months before we go back. Last time I received communion 11 March at Dulwich circle. Monday 30th 3 more sessions with Ian. I still have not finish my drawing of the face. As I will have to use oils there is no hurry. Faith in isolation was excellent. Watched final of Only connect, University challenge and Aubrey Beardsley with Mark Gatiss. Will not see the Tate exhibition I guess. Act 1 of Butterfly from Swedish opera with an excellent tenor and modern production. Jim Connolly died and Tom Tannion wrote and Arthur Hughes rang so had a good chat. Recorded Passiontide hymns and pieces by Henry Coleman. Jennifer Bate died a sad loss. Today was the funeral of Archbishop Peter Smith. We would have been singing in the choir. Excellent homily by John Wilson.  He was an approachable pastor and a man of principle. He came to judge the Catenian Province 7 public speaking competition and there was a lovely photo of him outside the cathedral with Dennis Woodhouse Ann Marie Woodhouse and Henry after the Mass for married couples. I remember him smoking outside the cathedral after the episcopal ordination of Paul Mason and waving to us. We would have been in the choir today but the heavenly choirs will welcome him home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil