Thursday 6th August

34 lengths as it was busy although I did get on the left hand side against the rope which was nice. Work experience Alex useless and refusing to do things again! He finished Friday - 4 days was quite enough. When asked if I would do a report I replied "Only if I have to!" "Will you miss me?" "Oh, yes!". 2 possible volunteers came in but neither of them very available at the moment although they are off school! Some of the younger generation just don't try! Alexander McCall Smith's "Corduroy Mansions" had me in fits of laughter!
Home to watch on BBC4 the prom - BBC Philharmonic conducted by Gianandrea Noseda. Mendelssohn Italian symphony (with my score which is an interesting Norton with 4 pages of miniature score to a page and themes highlighted) Maxwell Davies Roma amor (I fell asleep in this but caught up with it later) magnificent Respighi Pines of Rome and Rossini arias sung by Alaskan soprano Vivica Genaux. She has a fine mezzo coloratura by strange quivering lips!
Friday 40 lengths as it was quiet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil