Snow and retirement party







My last day and it snows! Walked to station and train OK. Liz drove with rest of stuff - she brought a lot last night. We went for coffee and cake at Bertie and Boo. Did a list of useful numbers and cleared up desk (nearly left my favourite paperweight which is a glass book inscribed John Woodhouse librarian!) and Valiant for truth Dad's article! At 5 offically closed emails. About 25 cried off because of the snow but plenty of folk came and it was a great party. Bertie and Boo were filming in the hall at 5.10 but we got set up in time. Bruce came from Birmingham. Ciarán behaved impeccably. Liz official council photographer took lots of photos and group ones. Balham staff gave me a voucher and cards. Andrew, Chris, Fiona and Cindy walked from Clapham Junction! Speeches went well and I sang "A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square". David came from Leicester and gave me a Schaeffer pen. Dom Perignon champagne from the children. Champagne from Jane. I gave roses to Liz, flowers to Daphne, Angela and Meryl (who couldn't come because of the snow). Waitrose food was great and lots left at Balham. We finally left at 10.20 and got home OK. Now need to check the car for my presentation cheque. Car is in Whitworth Road and more snow overnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil