Crawley

Thursday Liz went to college. I swam 20! First time for weeks - been sleeping badly, waking up and dreaming. To church to get my pitch pipe and also returned indexed scores and picked up some more. To Notting Hill Unitarian church for a most interesting film about Orthodox spirituality. It was pointed out that it was very male in focus covering Sinai, Mt Athos and Russian monasteries. I came home to get my senior railcard and to East Croydon on the bus. Just caught fast train to Crawley  -then a cold wait for bus to hospital. Philip was pleased to see me and is making good progress - still cannot walk. He liked the small chess set from the Christmas cracker! I left at 8 and had a cold wait for first train but then changed at Three Bridges onto a fast one.
Friday to St Matthew's and Margaret spoke well on Celtic spirituality. I had prepared Celtic evening prayer and it went very well especially St Columba. They liked Ciaran's sheep. The theme was Psalm 23. Unfortunately I mislaid my pitch pipe so hope it gets found. I got meal for 2 for £20 at Waitrose. Unfortunately I started to be shivery and could not eat the trout and went to bed at 8.30. Slept badly and got up today still feeling tired. Runny tummy which appeared to be my breakfast -I did not eat much of it. Later Louise and Ciaran arrived so I missed Mass and stayed home. Only 3 serving at Mass. Sunday up at 6 to take them to East Croydon and Louise ran well in the half marathon in good weather. Picked them up at 2.15. Ciaran fell asleep in the car. He played with the track and some games. Call the midwife was again excellent. My playing of Walton's music especially Henry V was much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil