Knee

I had a quiet day instead of going sketching at HMS Belfast because my right knee was hurting in the night. It was very hot and muggy despite a thunderstorm, Liz went to help at St Vincent school fete. I watched Antonio Pappano's Classical voices about sopranos featuring Callas, Tebaldi, Nilsson,  Sutherland, Price and modern singers including one singing in an MRI scan showing 30 muscles are used! Westminster cathedral choir featured as well singing the Allegri. The policing London programme was rather disturbing. To vespers and Mass with Fr Alexander. The boys and girls were away so I did acolyte. The schola from St Peter's Catholic cathedral Belfast sang Haydn, Mozart and Elgar well and it was good to see Nigel and meet Ian Keatley!
Fr Michael Quaqoe suggested we should be having a romantic dinner which I commented could be expensive. However we ate on the patio with good white wine and had a discussion about the importance or otherwise of the work I am doing! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil