Ireland

Today is my last Sunday morning "off" before St John Caterham from next week. I did consider going up to the Temple church or even the Shakespeare walk but I'm glad I didn't in view of the marathon crowds. I realy enjoyed the service at St John Upper Norwood and we sang Sumsion in F and Lloyd Webber Sing the life, National anthem and Jerusalem!! I need to find the quote but Alexander McCall Smith hs something about our patriotism being influenced by what we ate for breakfast as a child! Maybe something in that? The children like the idea of a new tree in memory of their grandparents - Dennis wants two! At evensong we sang Noble in B minor and Greater love with Liz singing the solo. Bridget conducted and Fr John played - toccata and fugue in D minor at the end. Watched the Queen, marathon, Indian summers and Antiques roadshow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil